The Family Co. (Formerly Sutherland Shire Family Services) has been a leading provider of support services for families experiencing parenting and relationship challenges since 1987.
The Family Co. believes that all children and families deserve a safe home, strong connections and opportunities to thrive. We believe in a world where people feel heard, protected and valued. Through all of life’s challenges, the good times and the hard seasons, we’re here to help create positive change. To achieve this, we provide emotional and practical support to individuals and families who work with us. We also offer education, connections, information, advocacy and referrals to other services to help people increase their knowledge and build confidence in managing challenging situations when it comes to parenting and relationships.
We identify emerging issues in the community and respond with holistic wraparound services using evidence based and trauma informed programs to deliver lasting benefits and empower parents and children.
The services offered focus on three key pillars:
- Child, youth and parenting family support;
- Domestic violence support; and
- Education and workplace training.
The group has always approached community support through identifying and responding to current and emerging issues impacting families, providing services, and using industry and global best practices for evidence based and trauma informed programs, to deliver lasting benefits and empower parents and children.
Please reach out if you or a family member are experiencing any of the following:
- Uncertainty about your child’s physical, emotional or social development
- You have a new baby and are struggling with the adjustment to becoming a parent
- You don’t have any family or close social supports, and feel isolated or alone
- Challenges in your relationships with your spouse or children
- Your child is experiencing anxiety or frequent emotional outbursts
- You are experiencing domestic violence (physical, emotional, psychological, financial or spiritual)
- You are experiencing financial difficulties or are at risk of becoming homeless
- You need mental health support
- You need drug and alcohol wellness support
- You need support with your teenager, who might be struggling with a range of issues.
The types of services we provide are:
- Crisis Support
- Court Support & Access to Legal Assistance
- Family Caseworkers
- Domestic Violence Caseworker
- Supported Playgroups
- Parenting Education & Therapeutic Programs
- Domestic Violence Support Groups
- Aboriginal Family Support
- Youth Centre (After School Drop In)
- School Holiday Programs for Teens
- Local Youth based events
- School based relationships education
- Workplace based domestic violence awareness support
For more information visit our website - www.thefamilyco.org.au.