Orchard Early Learning Centreexists to prepare children for a life of learning and wellbeing.
To do so, we bring a new approach to child care and early learning in Australia. Based on the Reggio Emilia philosophy, children learn through discovery and play.
Our aim is for children to develop skills as discoverers, learners and thinkers – having fun while engaging thoughtfully and inquisitively with the ever-expanding world around them.
Our approach to care and learning is delivered by highly trained early childhood educators with skills that go beyond certification. Care and learning is practiced within state of the art, architecturally designed and purpose-built facilities. Buildings, furnishings and the landscaped outdoor spaces all combine to provide a natural environment for discovery, learning and growth. Contact us for more information.
Little Blessings Early Learning Centre is a privately owned boutique long day care centre. We care for children aged six (6) weeks to six (6) years and will be open from 7.00am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Our brand new Centre is purpose built and designed to provide the highest possible standard of care and education for children.
We believe all children should “Learn. Share. Laugh. Grow”. This is not just our motto but is at the very heart of our Centre. We believe that each child can reach their highest potential by providing them with the opportunity to learn, share, laugh and grow at their own rate. We achieve this through play based learning and a comprehensive educational/ school readiness program unique to each individual room for ages 0 to 2, 2 to 3 and 3 to 6. Contact us for more information.
Stepping Stones Early Learning Centre is opened 51 weeks per year.
Our hours of operation are 7:00am-6.00pm Monday to Friday. We are family owned and operated and pride ourselves on providing quality childcare to our community.
We provide care for children aged 12 months-5 years of age. Our fees are $90 for 3-5 years & $100 for 0-3 years. Our fee is inclusive of all meals breakfast through to late snack, nappies, sunscreen, wipes etc. Contact us for more information.
Nest Early Learning Centre
- All meals.
- 5 meals per day: breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and supper. We provide healthy & nutritionally balanced gourmet style meals. All of the children's food requirements for the entire day are provided for. We serve healthy, no fuss daily menu that are fun and creative, prepared with quality produce. All meals are served with water or milk.
- All nappies
- Bed linen for day time sleeps
- Care from 7:30am - 6:00pm
Contact us for more information.
The Little Ones Early Learning Centre is a privately owned and operated service providing Long Day Care for children aged 0-5 years. This purpose built centre accommodating 42 children a day has been designed with separate facilities for babies, toddlers and Pre School aged children.
Our service is open Monday to Friday from 7.30am - 6.00pm providing care 50 weeks of the year, closing for 2 weeks over the Christmas, New Year period.
The Little Ones is a caring environment for your little one to play, learn and grow. Contact us for more information.
Jannali Pre-School Kindergarten is a community-based, not-for-profit centre located 150 metres from Jannali train station. We pride ourselves on our nurturing environment, high quality teaching and innovative enquiry-based program. Every year we set our fees as low as possible whilst ensuring we maintain the highest quality and consistency of our loyal teaching staff.
Our preschool community is made up of children, parents and staff. We all work together to create a place where children thrive, have fun and learn the many vital skills they need to transition to school and beyond.
The Preschool has been awarded the rating of ‘Exceeding’ in all 7 quality areas of the National Quality Standards.
Please make sure to come along to our open week from the 24th-28th of June and register on our waitlist online as places for 2020 will be offered shortly.
Contact us for more information.
Hey Dee Ho Educational Services have been providing an innovative music program for pre-schoolers since 1987. Along with basic music concepts, our programs are designed to develop co-ordination, social interaction, a love of music and much more.
All activities at Hey Dee Ho Music support and promote the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Framework. Each week a detailed activity letter is provided outlining the different aspects of the EYLF that our program addresses. Programs are suitable for children of all ages (including babies).
- Music - hey dee ho music,
- Fitness - hey dee ho active 8
- Health & Well being – fun-key yoga
All the programs support and promote the Early Years Learning Framework. Programs are designed to stimulate childhood development
We address the following major areas:
• Cognitive learning.
• Fine and gross motor skills.
• Visual and auditory processing and memory.
• Language development.
• Stimulate imagination and active role play.
• Self control and turn taking (social skills).
Call us now 1300 139 631 for a free specialised quote and DEMO session TODAY!! hey dee ho educational services are the preferred supplier to hundreds of Early Learning Centres throughout Australia.
Childcare Vacancies! Call Sutherland Shire Council if you are seeking a high quality childcare position, or are unhappy with your current service. Ph 9710 0466.
Vacancies are currently available for children age 2-5 years in some of their Early Education Centres. Vacancies in Family Day Care are also available across a range of ages.
Council’s website is your one-stop childcare destination. Learn about why quality childcare is important, see current vacancies, find out about centre tours, view photos of every service and apply for care online: www.sutherlandshire.nsw.gov.au/childcare
Childcare Information Session For Parents
Looking for a loving, safe and fun small group learning environment for your little one?
Join Sutherland Shire Council at a Family Day Care Childcare Information Session: 9.30am Saturday 27 July.
Learn about the benefits of Family Day Care, meet their Educators and hear from a parent about their family's care experience.
More than 200 children are currently enjoying small group care, nurturing environments & personalised play-based learning programs offered by Council’s 26 local Educators.
A parent recently said their Family Day Care Educator "has been an amazing part of my child's life. The environment, play equipment, educational program and care is just outstanding. I'm not sure as a parent I could've done better for him. We are so happy we found our Educator and she is able to care for my son in such an incredible way."
Talking Heads Speech Pathology
School Readiness Group – REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN!
This is a 16 week program (45 minutes/ week) designed and facilitated by an experienced Speech Pathologist for a small group (4-6 children per group). Therapy sessions will build;
- Group listening skills
- Pre-literacy skills (early foundation skills for learning to read, spell and write)
- School scenario awareness – social language skills
Call the clinic on 9553 1400 to book!
Chatabout Children with Sonia Bestulic PODCAST
We have been receiving fantastic feedback from parents and educators about our resource website www.chataboutchildren.com and podcast. Thank you!
Tune in to our latest super valuable podcast episodes on; Behaviour Management; Childhood Anxiety and Excessive Shyness.
Peaceful Warriors: Yoga for Kids and Families Get ready to warm up your bodies with our June (Winter Wonderland) Family Yoga Class!
Bring your kids, partner, grandparents for an hour of connecting with each other through yoga poses and games, mindfulness and relaxation and a whole lot of fun!
No need to bring anything, just your willingness to play! $33 per family (best suited to children 2-10 years) More information and bookings https://www.facebook.com/peacefulwarriorkids/
Billy Slater's Billy's Buddies! Book a 20 week Centre Paid Program and get an extra month for FREE!
Billy's Buddies is a Basic Ball Skills Program designed and owned by Billy Slater for children aged 2 - 6. We focus on developing children's gross motor skills, hand-eye coordination, confidence and the ability to work in a team. By alternating through a different set of games and activities each and every week, we ensure kids are having loads of fun whilst learning and developing their ball skills!
Are you a Centre looking to cover the cost of Billy's Buddies? Why don't you book in one of our Centre paid Programs? We are currently offering 4 weeks FREE for any 20 week booking. The 4 weeks Free can be used at any stage you wish :)
Get in touch for more information or to book in a Free Billy's Buddies Trial. You can contact us via email or on 0421 722 339 or visit www.billysbuddies.com.au
At MummyMeTime we provide care by highly qualified & experienced staff from just 2 hours to as long as you need. Whether you’re looking for a nanny, a babysitter or pregnancy support, we have you covered. We specialise in supporting emergency service workers and shift workers, and families who find themselves in a situation where daycare or preschool isn’t working for them due to the inflexible hours or ongoing sickness. A Nanny carer will enable you to continue to meet your work commitments while your child receives the highest quality of care. Our carers don’t just care for the children, they care for the whole family and are there to make your life easier and less stressful.
We also have the privilege of being a NSW and Commonwealth Government approved In Home Childcare Provider for the Shire and surrounding Sydney regions, meaning we can provide private rebated care in your home should you qualify. In Home Care is not means tested, and any family can apply should they find themselves in a situation where regular care doesn’t suit them. If you think you may be eligible for In Home Care, please contact the NSW In Home Care Agency, the details of which are available on our website. Please mention Mummymetime when you call in order for them to direct you back to us for your care.
What sets Mummymetime apart? All of our Carers are highly experienced and qualified with training in Early Childhood, Education, or Medical professions and we’re fully insured so the most important people in your life are ALWAYS in safe hands.
We are committed to providing the best care for your family, but don’t just take our word for it – check out the reviews from happy clients on our website http://www.mummymetime.com.au/ or Facebook page. To find out more or make a booking, contact Leanne day or night: Leanne@MummyMeTime.com.au or 0415 402 133.
- All Carers have First Aid Training
- Specially trained Carers are available for special needs
- All Carers have working with children and police checks
Gran Nannies We are not your usual Babysitting Nanny Agency.
We are a boutique Introduction and Booking Agency specializing in placing caring experienced women, possessing deep life experience with families. Our special Gran Nannies have had several years of experience raising their own families and now wish to help you with yours. They have the experience that only years of spending time with their very own children can offer.
Our lovely Gran Nannies are of mature age and we cater to the Sutherland Shire district only. They are flexible and happy to help for just a few hours a day, which is perfect for working parents who need school pick ups, afternoon snacks for the children and dinner to be made. Our Gran Nannies look forward to caring for your children and allowing you the peace of mind to return to work, attend that social function or simply enjoy that much-deserved night out knowing that your children are in extremely capable hands and enjoying themselves as well. We also offer Overnights & Emergency Gran Nannies for that unexpected engagement.
All of our Nannies are intensively screened, trained and carry current First Aid Certificates, have Working with Children Checks and personal Nanny Insurance for peace of mind. And while they help out with light duties our special Gran Nannies are not expected to clean the entire family home or run unreasonable errands. Our Gran Nannies don't text or tweet while they are watching your kids! Contact us for more information.
- Casual & Permanent Placements
- Mothers Helper
- Emergency Sitters
- Overnight Stays
- New Years Eve Sitters
To find out more about assessments or psychological therapy, contact us 1300 003 900 or visit www.learninglinks.org.au. Our Peakhurst Learning Centre is located at 12-14 Pindari Rd, Peakhurst NSW 2210.
If your child is showing signs that they struggle with learning, have social, emotional or behavioural issues, or are behind their peers with speech development or fine and gross motor skills, Learning Links is here to help.
We offer a range of assessments, including cognitive/IQ, academic skills, dyslexia, autism, ADHD, behavioural, speech and language, and occupational therapy. Our professionals can determine your child’s strengths, needs, preferred learning style and any appropriate interventions – an important first step in understanding how to best support them. Following each assessment, you’ll receive a comprehensive written report to outline results as well as recommendations for your child.
Bulk billing for psychological therapy is now available at our Peakhurst Learning Centre to help children struggling with anxiety and depression, social skills or making important transitions. There are no out-of-pocket expenses for weekday appointments 9.30am-2.30pm when referred by a GP under the Mental Health Care Plan - for up to 10 sessions per calendar year.
Tantrums and negativity are a common behaviour during the toddler period as they learn to control their world. Nevertheless, these behaviours can be exhausting and frustrating for parents.
Reasons for Tantrums
- Difficulty telling parents and others what they need - not enough words to talk about their needs or emotions
- Frustration that they do not have the skills to do tasks others are doing
- Tiredness and hunger
- Difficulty controlling their emotions - quickly go from excitement to anger
- Fear - become scared when they lose control and do not know how to calm down
- Do not like to wait for things - as can only think of their own needs
- Habit - the toddler has learnt that if they have a tantrum they will get what they want
- Testing limits or rules - this is helping them learn about control and power
- Your toddler's temperament - some toddlers are easy going, others are shy or very active
- It is important to seek assistance if you are concerned about the number or intensity of the temper tantrums - occasionally temper tantrums can be due to more serious problems.
Things that make the situation worse
- Being tired (both you and your toddler)
- Being hungry
- Being too excited or overstimulated
- Being bored or under-stimulated
- Being unwell
- Being told no or don't all the time
- Being in a hurry.
- have realistic expectations of your toddler's ability and needs
- anticipate and avoid (if possible) difficult situations or activities for your toddler when they are tired, hungry or unwell
- introduce new activities slowly and one at a time
- develop routines and rituals so your toddler has a feeling of control over their world
- limit the amount of activity and noise - have quiet times during the day
- use a distraction when your toddler is becoming upset or agitated e.g. look at that car what colour is it?
- provide your toddler with limited choices eg do you want milk or water
- always ask your toddler to do things using one command at a time, wait for the action to be completed before giving the next task e.g. come here ...... sit down ....... let me help you put your shoes on ....
- use positive language and praise - avoid saying 'no' all the time
- understand any stress your toddler may be experiencing eg the arrival of a new baby, being left in childcare
During a Tantrum
There are several strategies that can be used to help your toddler gain control of their emotions:
- Hold and rock your toddler while you use soothing words e.g. daddy is here you are safe. This method can assist your toddler calm down and feel safe. It may be safer for you to hold them on your lap facing outwards if they are kicking.
- Pretend to ignore, this can be difficult. You will need to ensure that your toddler won't hurt themselves during the tantrum eg take out of the bath, take out of shopping trolley or remove furniture. It is important that you stay calm, take some deep breaths and count to ten.
- Time out or putting your toddler in a safe place. If you are at home you can use time out for both you and your toddler to assist you gain control.
- Removing them from the situation this can be difficult as you will need to stop what you are doing and take your toddler to another area eg. move from one room to another.
Things that don't help
- Getting upset and yelling at your toddler - most parents feel guilty when they have lost control
- Giving lengthy reasons about why you wanted your toddler to do something or why you are upset - keep explanations simple
- Bribing your toddler to behave e.g. if you stop yelling I will give you a chocolate
- Physical punishments - shouting, slapping, namecalling or threats
The good news for parents is that as your toddler develops language and physical skills the number and severity of tantrums will reduce.
Remember each child is an individual and develops at their own pace.