Our service provides assessments and therapy to help children develop skills in many areas:
- play skills and milestone development;
- fine motor skills including drawing, scissor skills, hand preference;
- handwriting and pencil grip;
- general gross motor co-ordination skills like balance and ball skills;
- school readiness and pre-academic skills;
- self care skills like tying laces and fastening buttons;
- learning and reading skills, including reversals, memory and missing words when reading; and attention and concentration.
- Registered with private health funds;
- Registered with Medicare for Chronic Disease Management Plan; Better Access to Mental Health Care Plan; Medicare Items under Helping Children with Autism; and Medicare Items under Better Start Initiative;
- Provides services for clients with NDIS funding who are either self-managing or using a Registered plan management provider.
We work with children from birth to 18years old, with difficulties ranging from minimal handwriting and co-ordination difficulties to specific difficulties associated with autistic spectrum disorders, learning difficulties, attention deficit disorders, developmental delays, neurological conditions and specific syndromes (eg: Down Syndrome).
Individual clinic and Telehealth consultations available. Group programmes for school readiness and handwriting are offered throughout the year at Miranda.
Therapy services available at:
Main Address: Suite 3 /14-16 Central Rd, Miranda Open Days: Monday-Saturday Ph: 9524 2566
Therapy and assessments are also available on Monday and Wednesday at Suite 1, 836 Military Road, Mosman. (within the offices of Mosman Language and Learning Centre) Contact phone number for enquiries and bookings: 0403077838 or visit https://www.childrensot.com.au